Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2024

Ta-Da!!!

I decluttered over 50 books today!!! Can you believe it? I can't! 

What a pile!



The sad thing is it certainly doesn't look like I've got rid of any as I pulled out some others that were tucked in different places and the bookcase is just as full. I am determined to keep going and maybe - just maybe - one day I'll have no more books tucked away anywhere and there will be space on the bookcases. 

I'm sure I'll be able to get rid of a lot more. Hanging my head, but most of these ones I had Kindle copies of too. Sigh. I'm going to raise my hand and confess to being a book hoarder. 

Before working on a single bookcase I did go out for a walk. It was chilly, but sunny. It was nice and quite while I was out. I got to watch the beavers and the crazy geese. 

Things That Make Me Smile 76/366



Tomorrow we're off out for a bit. Not sure where yet. What are your plans for Sunday? 

12 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Well done, Sharon! Give yourself a big round of applause for decluttering so many books! I hope you have a fun day out, tomorrow. I've no plans for tomorrow, but, I might do some reading and crocheting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a lovely way to spend the afternoon.

      Delete
  2. Nothing wrong with being a book hoarder. As I've just said on Sue H's blog, books are a necessity for life.
    Well done for the declutter. You will soon see encouraging gaps. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love books, but I'd like some more space. I don't mind reading on my kindle, but there's just something about a real book that I can't seem to give up! I just need a bigger house to hold all the books I'd like to keep lol

      Delete
  3. It's raining here again so not much of an adventurous Sunday here!
    Well done on the book clearing out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister said there's been lots of rain. I told her I'd try blowing a bit of good weather her way (hopefully a bit warmer than we've been having though lol)

      Delete
  4. Wow, well done on the book destashing... but now they have to leave the house ☺. That's the hard bit. We donated ours to the National Trust. They got a bit of a surprise when they saw how many books we were donating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think once I've made my mind up that bit will be a bit easier. I am giving some to a friend who will then pass them on and the rest are going to our library bookshop. They sell books and use the money for different library programmes.

      Delete
  5. Every time I try to get rid of books, my husband intervenes and suggests putting them in the loft, in case I change my mind! It's true that I don't like getting rid of them, but one day the loft floor will give way!
    Enjoy your day out:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha! I think mine would be glad to see less of them!

      Delete
  6. Well done. When I moved I took boxes of books to the charity shop and since then I mainly just borrow from the library. If I do buy a book from the charity shop once I've read it, I donate it back. I just don't have the room anymore. I do prefer real books. I think its wonderful you can watch beavers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I'd like to end up being. Borrowing from the library or just picking up a few, reading them and donating them. I really find book decluttering hard though as there are so many good stories and so little time!
      I love watching the beavers. They really bring me joy!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.