Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2024

So-so Sort of Day

How are things going for you this week? 

It was a so-so sort of day here today. I was disappointed to find that it was cloudy when I woke this morning. No chance of a sunrise. I did get out once it was light and took a walk at Asylum Lake. There were lots of geese around, a pair of Trumpeter Swans and a pair of Mute swans as well as some ducks and quite a few muskrats. I did catch glimpse of two beavers as they returned back to the lodge for the day. There were not many people around, which was really nice. 

I did manage to get all the clothes unpacked, washed and put away. I did a bit of other sorting. There are still too many things that I have to put away. I shall work on more tomorrow. 

Daughter did a video call with me today. It was nice to see Baby A. She looked a bit grumpy though. Apparently, she didn't sleep very well last night as she was very windy/gassy. She didn't sleep this morning either but had taken a little nap at lunchtime. Daughter was quite tired, but she sounded upbeat. I think it helps that Baby A smiles at her in the middle of the night when the tiredness is getting a bit much. 

I'll be up and about early tomorrow for another walk. Hopefully there might be a sunrise. 

66/366


It makes me smile to be back walking the trails despite everything looking so dull and gray. 

13 comments:

  1. It's such a hard time for a young mum but it does get better and, as you say, those smiles totally compensate. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be lovely to be home again even though you'll miss the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get a bit of sunshine today

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, poor Baby A! Poor daughter, too! Sounds like you got a lot done! Hope you'll have sunnier weather, soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks. I think the sun definitely helps with mental health.

      Delete
  5. It's good to see the familiar things in life.
    I'm sure your daughter misses you and all your support.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This may be too much information, but if Baby A is breastfed, then whatever the mother eats may be bothering the baby. I found this out after I enjoyed broccoli salad at a book club meeting, and Baby #5 did NOT appreciate it at all. Very gassy and colicky. Worse, a winter storm was moving in and the Pediatrician said to buy Pedialyte, as the baby was getting dehydrated. Luckily there was a 7-11 close by, and the Pedialyte really helped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daughter is trying to do better with what she eats. Unfortunately, it's hit and miss!
      Your poor baby. So glad it all worked out!

      Delete
  7. good ol facetime - that's how I see my grandson too

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.