Pages

Monday, March 4, 2024

Quick Update - Back in Michigan

Sorry for the absence. Husband and oldest son came to stay for the weekend and then bring me back to Michigan today. I meant to post, but really wanted to spend as much time as I could with daughter and baby A before I had to come back today. 

It was really hard to say goodbye and I miss her. 

I'll catch up with blogs and posting over the next few days. I have a lot of things to catch up on here at the house, sort out and organise, so it might take me a few. Hoping that keeping busy will keep me distracted from missing the baby too much. 

Thanks for your understanding. 



I've got some catching up on my Phone Photos Things That Make Me Smile, but here is today's. Baby A had just finished eating as we got ready to leave and was sort of burping and dozing. I got to hold her one last time, so this is my smile for the day. I'm so thankful that I got to spend these two months with her. You hear so many stories of grandparents not being welcome to visit with baby or spend lots of time with family and I am so thankful that daughter and son-in-law love me enough to ask me to stay a while!

7 comments:

  1. Welcome back! It must have been hard to leave your daughter and granddaughter. Hope you get to visit again, soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes, we are going back late April to spend a week before daughter goes back to work.

      Delete
  2. I feel for you - it's got to be incredibly hard. Sending love. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really tough. I suppose now I know how my Mum felt when I was so far away with the children.

      Delete
  3. Welcome home! Grandparents are so important and it's lovely that you were able to spend so much time with the new family.
    Hope the catching up goes smoothly. Soon you will feel as though you've never been away - a mixed blessing, that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I really am glad I was invited. I just wish we were a little closer!

      Delete
  4. You were blessed to share that time with them. It will be hard, but facetimes work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.