Pages

Friday, March 22, 2024

Is it Friday?

Strange sort of day today.  My oldest son, who lives with us, is working four ten-hour days so has Fridays off currently and husband took today off so he could take the car in. Halfway through the day I realised I didn't know whether it is Friday or Saturday! I always message with my sister on Fridays, so had to keep reminding myself. Added to that, I had the remember that, at the moment, she's only four hours ahead as her clocks haven't changed. Sigh. Can't wait until it gets back to the regular 5 hours! I forgot last week and ended up messaging her early. 

Husband did take me to the shops today to pick up a couple of things, but other than that I stayed home. It wasn't the sort of day I wanted to be out in. We had snow. Yes, snow. Sigh. It doesn't feel quite like spring here yet. My sister was sharing photos of blossom and flowers and I shared snow lol. 

Thankfully, it won't stick around for long

82/366



I was glad husband drove when we went out. The roads were slick and icy in spots.

 


I was hoping we would at least hear from the car place today, but we didn't. Sigh. Husband says it will now be Monday at the earliest we'll hear from them. I was hoping we could at least make plans for the car rental, but now - who knows? It will be strange being without the car. There isn't a lot of public transport around here. Sigh.

On the plus side, I did work in the craft room today. I have more space to work and have started to go through some things. At some point I'll have to make some tough decisions so I can have the space I want. I also need to make sure that I don't bring anything else into the house! Isn't that part of decluttering or at least stopping the clutter from coming back in? 

Later in the afternoon I was sad to hear the news about Kate. I've felt so bad lately with all the fuss going on around her. A diagnosis of cancer is a shock for anyone but having to put it out there in the public with everyone speculating and gossiping has to be extra hard. I know that when Mum had cancer she really didn't want anyone to know. She didn't tell most people though once she started losing her hair I'm sure people knew. It was just the way she was, private about certain things. 

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. Are you up to anything fun? EDIT - see I'm thinking it's Saturday again!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, my! It does look very wintry up there! Hope it warms up soon! Sorry you didn't hear back from the car place. Hope they'll call you soon. It's hard being without a car when there's no good public transport, isn't it? But, you are making good use of your time at home, sorting out the crafts room, etc. I hope you have a lovely weekend, even without your car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! At least at the weekend husband is about and can drive me here and there lol. I am not looking forward to being without it for long though.

      Delete
  2. We don't seem to have very defined seasons any more - they sort of blend into each other, at least in our southern part of the UK.
    It's aggravating when the days get mixed up, not so bad when you're a day behind, as then it feels as if you've gained a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a strange sort of winter. We're lucky that we're only getting a little snow. Where my daughter is they are forecast to get 10-17 inches! All they snow they haven't had so far this year lol

      Delete
  3. Oh, that really does look cold. Brrr.
    Fingers crossed you hear about the car very soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been pretty chilly. We still don't have a date on the car.

      Delete
  4. Brrr, that doesn't look like spring to ne. Please don't feel you need to share that snow 🌨

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.