Pages

Friday, March 15, 2024

The End of Another Week

Isn't this month just flying by? 

It's not been a bad week. I do feel as though I'm getting something done. Not as much as I hoped, but I can see a tiny bit of progress. I've started a small charity shop box and have filled it so have to get a bigger one. I'll feel better once that one gets filled up! I don't find it easy to get rid of things. Sometimes I just wish a decluttering fairy would come to the house and just whip it into shape. I'm not sure I'd miss a lot of the stuff. It's just hard to go through and choose what I'd like to get rid of!

I went for a walk this morning with my friend. Later I video chatted with daughter while she was in a store (she wanted to show me something). She showed me Baby A who gave me (or at least I like to think it was me) a smile. I miss her. Was lovely to see her again. Her hair is growing in so dark! Later in the afternoon I messaged with my sister. I forgot that our clocks had moved forward and hers hadn't yet (such a pain!) and I was an hour earlier than we usually message, but she was alright with it. She had two of her grandchildren today, so she was ready for a sit down and a glass of wine! She babysits one on Thursday and two others on Friday so by the end of the week she's ready for a rest! I enjoy catching up with her each week. 

Not sure what's on for the weekend. Tomorrow I'm off out for a walk by myself in the morning and I hope to do some more sorting in the craft room in the afternoon, or perhaps I'll tackle a book case. Sunday we'll do a Sunday Adventure, not sure where yet. The temperature - of course - is supposed to drop on Sunday and it will be close to freezing all day!

74/366



One of the few spring decorations I've got lol. It's a bird. Makes me smile


75/366



Daffodils. A sign of spring in the woods! Seeing these flowers always reminds me of Mum. She always had them growing in our front garden. 

What are you up to for the weekend? 

10 comments:

  1. It's simply whizzing past, I agree.

    I'm out for lunch with Beth and Alex today and tomorrow is just a stay-at-home day, I think. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cute bunny bird! :D Sounds like you are doing really well with the decluttering if you have already filled one box to donate! All those little accomplishments will add up and make a difference, eventually. Hope you have a lovely weekend. I'm planning to take it easy until my leg stops hurting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope your leg stops hurting soon. Take it easy and rest. Things will still be there when you feel better. I'm hoping I'll be able to see a difference soon!

      Delete
  3. It's not the same but FaceTime at least lets you see people far away. We had to use Skype when my daughter was in London for grad school back in 2013-2014, but the video was so nice. I'm doing some cleaning then have siblings for a birthday -playing cards night. I've got my daughter's dog all weekend plus the others coming with her cat Sunday and staying a few days to recuperate from oral surgery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really thankful for video calling. I know I really liked seeing Mum face to face and we'd have a nice chat, not quite a visit, but it was nice to see one another. I like seeing baby too, seeing her smile and laugh.
      That sounds like a fun night! I hope you're enjoying the dog sitting. I like having them once in a while, but I'm glad I don't have them all the time.

      Delete
  4. Often other people notice progress more than the person doing all the work. It's easy to be self-critical.
    Love the - was going to say rabbit, but you said it was a bird. Anyway, very cute:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly I don't think husband notices at all. Sigh. Ha ha! It is a cute rabbit-bird lol

      Delete
  5. Yes, video chat all you can! I do several times a week with my grandson. Yes, decluttering is hard! Wow those daffodils are so much farther along than ours. However, I think I must be a bit north of you. I am teaching an adult needle felting class today at my little business office space. Not too many sales this month, so this class will pay my rent. I may try to do 1 a month for that purpose. Sunday we have a potluck at church. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are further north than I am. They seem to be popping up all over! It's really good you're teaching a needle felting class. You are so good at it! I wish I could get the hang of it. Hope you have a lovely weekend.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.