Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Lakeshore Visit and Getting Rid of Knick-Knacks

On Sunday we also visited Michigan City, Indiana. It's about an hour and a half away from us, but it is in a different time zone too. It makes it quite early in the morning when we usually get there. Nice for a beach walk as there aren't too many people about. On Sunday it was so cold and windy. Husband opted for a really quick walk before he headed back to the car to 'warm it up'. Lol. 




 Such wonderful skies

A video - as much as I could stand before my fingers froze!



The inner lighthouse



I like to go there to see the daffodils. A few years ago the beds were really full. They could do with a makeover lol. 

Today, I went for a walk with my friend though the wind was bitterly cold. I was glad to get done with the walk. I had some errands to run and then was happy to spend the rest of the day inside. 

I've been thinking about knick-knacks. There are too many of them around the house. I'm not quite sure how to get rid of them too. How do you sort through them? I know there are several I want to keep as I enjoy them, but several more I think I should keep because they were given to me. How do you decide how to get rid of these? Sometimes I feel as though there are some I should just box up and put somewhere until I can deal with them, but then isn't that just putting off the problem? Sigh. 

78/366



Clouds like this make me smile. It's my kind of cloud day. 


10 comments:

  1. Our biggest memory of Michigan City was the zoo... we entered the building where the lions were caged just before feeding time. The lions let our this horrendous roar that shook the whole building!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've seen the signs for the zoo but have never been there. I'll have to look it up and see what people think of it now.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful scenery! I saw the daffodils in the picture of the lighthouse, right away! Such lovely flowers! I planted daffodils and tulips in my garden one year, but, it doesn't get cold enough for them to rebloom the next year unless you dig up the bulbs and chill them, which I didn't.
    Getting rid of knick knacks is difficult for me, too. I used to collect figurines at one time, but, eventually, gave them all away. But, I still have my various other collections. I guess the only way to get rid of them is to say, "I'm just going to get rid of them" and do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How interesting about the daffodils. I never think of them as cold weather plants lol, but I do know they do survive cold surges.
      I think I just need to think about what collections make me happy and the memories they bring.

      Delete
  3. I'm finding I can do it in two steps. I sort and put doubtfuls in a different place. If I then haven't needed them and put them back, out they go. It takes time but it's easier for me. I've just done that with a whole load of clothes and it really worked. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's what works with me with some things. I'll have to try it on all things I think.

      Delete
  4. I love the sound of the waves in you video. That sounded like a lung-clearing day.
    Knick-knacks? We have far too many and some of them are already in one of the lofts with hundreds of books. I don't envy my children clearing up after us, since I can't persuade my husband to part with anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really lung-clearing, nose-running, lip-chapping sort of day lol.
      That's what I'm trying to avoid, leaving the children with too much to sort. I think after doing both Mum's house and Jane's house it all seemed so overwhelming that I'm trying to sort out as much as I can so they don't have to go through the same thing.

      Delete
  5. Those skies really are incredible aren't they. As for knick knacks, I've discovered that Tony is more sentimental than I am. It makes it difficult to let go of things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were really beautiful. Made up for the cold.
      I think I am sentimental about some things. I find it really tough to get rid of things the children give me.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.