Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2024

Last Couple of Days

Yesterday was...okay. I felt a little down. I think staying in the house was getting the best of me. So, this morning, as the weather was forecast to be sunny but chilly, I decided to get up and go for a walk. I actually walked all the way to the place I usually go to. It was nice. I didn't walk around too much when I got there. I sat on one of the downed beaver trees and watched the beavers swim, swans trumpet and geese honking at one another. It was really quite relaxing. I didn't relish the walk back home, but I managed it and warmed up with a nice bath when I got back!

By afternoon I was feeling a little down again. Yesterday, late in the afternoon, husband had got a text from the car place telling us that the car was almost finished. We were expecting to hear something today. I was hoping. It's supposed to be nice-ish tomorrow and then rain until next Thursday!

Around 3.45pm husband got a text telling him the car was done and it was ready to be picked up! I HAVE MY CAR BACK!!! If I could insert a dancing emoji here I would.

It looks wonderful. You can't even tell there was any damage. They even cleaned it and vacuumed inside. I would definitely recommend the place for repairs. After the first couple days, they were really good about updating us on progress. They got us in a lot quicker than they said they could. I think that's because it's all going through insurance and we're not arguing about the cost lol.

I'm a little wary about parking my car where I did before. I know it was probably just a fluke thing, but still. Sigh. Today, on our way to the car place husband and I looked at another parking area that has access to the park. It's in a nearby neighbourhood and there are only about six parking spaces but it is rarely used. I think I'm going to try parking there - at least until they get the camera up in the parking area I used before. I worked out how to drop a pin there on my Google Maps so I can find my way back. We'll see how it goes in the morning!

87/366



A little sweet treat made me smile today. I am still eating the Christmas goodies lol

88/366



A view from my walk.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! You got your car back! How wonderful! Enjoy your driving, tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's surprising how much I missed that car. It's just a little bit of independence,

      Delete
  2. It's surprising how quickly moods can change and usually for no apparent reason. I'm pleased for you that your car is back and you have your independence again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm glad it's back. Honestly, I don't think that if I hadn't left England I would have learned to drive, but you really need to know over here. I felt quite lost without it!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.