Pages

Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Boxing Day

It isn't really a thing here in America, but usually we end up sort of celebrating it. Husband usually takes the day off and we go somewhere. Not this year. He went to work and I'm at daughter's house.

We did go out briefly this morning. She took a couple of hours off work to take her phone to be dropped off to be mended. We're not sure when it will come back. We're hoping before the New Year, but who knows? We stopped in a couple of shops and picked up a few things that were on clearance. Not a lot but it was nice to just get out of the house. It has rained for almost three days! Usually, it would be snowing. Not sure which is worse. It's been so grey and dark. I'm sure that wasn't helping my mood yesterday either. 

I'm feeling a bit brighter today. As I said, it did help to get out too. I can't go far the next few days as daughter doesn't have a phone at all and I don't want her left alone 'just in case'. She's due on the 11th January but you never know! If the weather dries up a bit, I will take the dogs for a walk (one at a time as they are quite big) around the streets near daughter's house. It will get me out a bit and be a bit of exercise for the dogs. 

I'm starting to think about projects/goals for the New Year. Has anyone else given any thought to things they'd like to work on? Do you make resolutions or just goals and plans? I've got a few ideas, but I really need to jot them down. I think that's something I can work on for the next few days. 

I got lots of presents yesterday - it says something when both of your sons get you a bottle of Malibu as part of your present - ha ha! I also got lots of chocolates - the family knows me so well! I actually brought the box pictured below for myself and gave them to husband to wrap up. Milk Tray. I remember these so well. They were always on our sideboard for the array of goodies Mum put out. I always enjoyed looking at the pictures and trying to pick the ones I really wanted. Good memories. 







I played around with the AI thing again. Sometimes it's successful, sometimes not. I was trying to get Santa with animals, but it never worked out well. I say that, but I just tried it again and it came up with this. I suppose sometimes it's about getting the wording right lol




Back tomorrow - hopefully I'll be more productive!

4 comments:

  1. The wet, grey days really do get to us, don't they?
    I sometimes make resolutions, other times I call them goals or aspirations. But, I also have my Mile Long To Do List with projects I want to get done - 2024 is going to be the year to tend to the home maintenance and repairs type of projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like lots of grey days in a row. They get me down. I have one of those lists! We need to get a lot done to the house and keep procrastinating.

      Delete
  2. Glad you're feeling brighter. January 11th is quite a way off, but babies are so unpredictable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, it is quite a way off. I just don't like the thought of her without a phone! Silly of me, as they weren't a thing when I was giving birth and we seemed to manage!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.