Pages

Sunday, December 3, 2023

Yup, Rainy Sunday.

It was dull and rainy when I woke this morning. As I write this at ten o'clock at night it is still raining. We went for a drive and there was a tiny break in the rain when we walked along the pier to the lighthouse. I was amazed to see the fishermen out. I suppose I shouldn't be all that surprised when there was one out last week in the windy snow! 

It's really been quite the uneventful day. I got a bit more sorting done when I got back. Not much, but any little progress is, well, progress. Tomorrow I'll get back to it. This week I want to get all the gifts I have wrapped, see what needs to be still got. I need to get some tidying up done, things are sitting around that need to be put away before I leave. We'll see how far I get. 

The really quick walk today was interesting. We went to South Haven. It was rainy when we got there. 



Through the car window

The weather broke for just a little bit that we were able to get out for a walk. The beach is already changing. Where the sand was once flat there is about a five foot 'cliff' as you walk along. Lake Michigan always surprises me. There are no tides, but during Autumn and Winter, the beach is let go wild and there are such changes. It's this time of year that I like to visit most. 

A few more phone photos










I loved the patterns in the sand! 

5 comments:

  1. I grew up in our home on the cliffs overlooking Lake Michigan. It looks different each day and as you say, the sand beaches grow and get small in continual change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must have been great. Yes, they change a lot especially at this time of year when the winds crash the shore

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It was really interesting to see as it is usually so flat here!

      Delete
  3. I'm behind with my blog reading! Glad you still got a walk in on a rainy day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.