Pages

Saturday, December 30, 2023

Last Couple of Days

Some lovely sunshine on Thursday. It streamed through the windows and caused this lovely reaction on the wall. 



Daughter didn't have much of anything to do at work, just a little tidying up before leaving for her maternity leave. We took the dogs for a little walk. Not far but just the 'short way'. It was good to get out for a little exercise. No sign of daughter's phone. It won't be back until sometime next week now. Sigh. 

Saturday. No sunrise. Rather dull and cloudy and now (late afternoon, evening) there are a few snow showers. I did get out this morning for a walk. It was lovely just to get out and wander. I didn't go for too long as daughter said she wanted to go into town to do some shopping and looking around. There were a couple of crafty items I forgot to bring with me, so I was glad to go along. 

I think the shopping wore daughter out as she laid down to take a nap and didn't wake up for about four hours! I did a little crafting while she was in bed. I have set up a table in the guest bedroom so I can have a space out of the way to craft. I got five card toppers put together - they are 3d decoupage. There are several layers that stack together so the design pops out. I find them fun to do. Next thing will be to put them on some card bases!













Not the best light in these phone photos as I took them late in the afternoon. Fun designs!

Tomorrow, I'm off for a walk sometime. It might be a bit later than I wanted to go as there might be some snow on the roads and - yikes - I don't like driving in it!  I also want to write down some plans for next year. Not resolutions, but more things I'd like to work on. 

6 comments:

  1. Love the photo with the sunshine on the wall and those card toppers are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I was so glad to see the sunshine.

      Delete
  2. I like your decoupage. Your daughter is wise to rest as much as she can and it gives you a chance to relax. Watching over a heavily pregnant woman tends to be anxiety-inducing, I find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your cards... thought your night sky one was really eye catching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I brought quite a few things with me and hope to make some more while here.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.