Pages

Saturday, December 2, 2023

Saturday

It was cloudy and grey this morning. I did get up and go for a walk. Tomorrow it's supposed to rain all day and I didn't go for a walk yesterday due to the rain, so I thought I'd better get out and do one. It was muddy and quite slippery, but peaceful as there weren't many people about! I saw a couple of beavers, one ducked under and into the lodge just as I arrived but another swam in a bit later. They look like they are continuing with business. 

After my walk husband and I ran a quick errand, then I spent the rest of the day at home. I did some sorting in the craft room. There were only a couple of things I could bring myself to donate (as of yet) but I did manage to make some space to put some other things away. It does seem as though I'm just moving a lot of stuff around at this point though. There are going to have to be some serious decisions being made next year. I don't want to get started on any major sorting as I'll be going to daughter's house on the 15th of this month and not sure when I'll be back. I don't want to a) be in the middle of something when I leave and b) leave a big mess behind when I leave! I shall keep plodding along with the small bits of sorting I'm doing. I have got one full box and am starting on another to be donated before I leave. I have also continued sorting through my magazines including the photography ones. I don't think I mentioned it, but when husband went to his friend's house last week he took another stack to his friend's wife who enjoys photography. 

I feel as though it was more of a productive day than I thought I was going to have. I suppose that's a good thing!

We will be going out for at least a drive tomorrow. Maybe not a long one, the rain and/or snow seems to be extending over a large part of the day-trip area. Usually, if it's raining close to us we try to work out where it's not likely to be raining and head in that direction, but I think it seems to be everywhere. Sigh. 

Not a traditional photo today, but as I was sorting through things I found this cartoon I had cut out of a planner. Reminded me of how my head is spinning when I'm lying in bed at silly-o'clock unable to sleep. Thought I'd share




4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you accomplished quite a bit, Sharon. Especially since you've one box of stuff to be donated and have started another box! Well done getting a walk in! I like the cartoon! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying. I feel as though I'm running out of time though!

      Delete
  2. I like the cartoon and can identify with it. I'm sleepy until the light goes off and then I'm wide awake for hours. Maybe I should just leave the light on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly! I sit dozing in my chair and when I decide to go to bed I just lay there. I think, with me, it's a side effect of menopause as I never use to have a problem sleeping.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.