Pages

Wednesday, December 27, 2023

I slept in a bit later this morning. When I woke up I could hear daughter having a Zoom meeting, so I stayed in bed reading until she was done. I didn't want to disturb her or cause the dogs to get all excited. They still seem to find it exciting that I'm there in the morning! Sure enough, when I did get out of bed they were all jumpy and barky. 

I was a bit more productive today. As daughter doesn't have a lot to do at work, she's decided to spend the time getting her office organised and tidy and ready for when she does return to work. The office had become a bit of a place to put things just to get them out of the way space over the Christmas period. We got a lot done, things organised, put away. There is still a bit more to do, but it's looking (I say) a lot better than it did. Daughter seems to get tired easily right now. She is having problems with her back and by the end of the day she'd just about had enough. 

She had a doctor's appointment later in the day. I rode along with her. We were going to stop somewhere after, but when we were leaving the garage we couldn't get one of the doors to go down! We were cutting it a little close, so had to leave it open until we got back. Once back, it still wasn't working so (as her husband told us to do - we're not used to automatic openers) we pulled a cord and managed to work it until the door came down. When her husband came back he checked it and it worked!! Of course it did! We had tried it several times, using the opener inside the car and inside the garage. I hope it was just a fluke thing. 

I can't wait to go for a walk again! I am really missing my walks. Today was another rainy/snowy/cloudy day. Things look a bit brighter for tomorrow. Daughter tracked her phone and it has been delivered to the repair place. Hoping they can get it out before the weekend. We'll see. I will - if the weather is dry -  get out for several walks this weekend while daughter's husband is home. There are a few local trails I'd like to try while they are clear. 

Photo for today - one of the majestic eagles that live at the Sherburne National Wildlife Refuge. There are lots of them about in this area and several nests!






6 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful photo of the eagle.
    Sounds like you've had a productive day! Hope you get to walk soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. They are such magnificent birds. It always amazes me how big they are!

      Delete
  2. Great photograph! It must be amazing to see such fantastic birds, though I suppose one has to keep an eye on small puppies and kittens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are lovely birds. It's the one thing I enjoy seeing while I'm here. Yes, I suppose it's true about the puppies and kittens. Eagles are such good hunters. I usually see them close to the wildlife area where there is plenty of food about !

      Delete
  3. It's not walking weather here today. It's lashing down and the wind is howling. Definitely a day for staying Indoors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's been raining here for a few days too. I'm so tired of it!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.