Pages

Monday, December 18, 2023

Monday in Minnesota

Was really cold when I woke up this morning. The temperature was 10F/-12C when I got up and only got up to 21F/-6C. I got up early so I could see husband off. He drove back to Michigan today. Really not the day to do it. Our part of Michigan is under a Winter Storm Warning. I was worried all day. He had a good drive until he went past Chicago and round the corner into Michigan. There was white out conditions and blowing snow. He's a really good, confident driver, but I worried none the less. Apparently, there was a really bad accident earlier in the day on the stretch of road he had to go on, so he had to go around the back way. People were going 10-15mph. 

This is a news photo from the incident



Thankfully he made it home safely. I was so glad to hear it!

Back here in Minnesota, I did go out to the wildlife drive today. It was bright and sunny, but I didn't see much just a couple of eagles. Daughter had to work, and I didn't want to disturb her so, as long as the weather is good, I thought it best to make myself scarce. I did find a new eagles' nest and a new beaver lodge! I was surprised at the nest as it is so close to one of the car parks. It is on a stretch of path that can't be walked during spring and summer, but you can see it so clearly from the car park. It's certainly one to keep an eye on. 





Look at that lovely sunshine! Back tomorrow. We did go to see some Christmas lights last night and I took a few phone photos I'll share tomorrow. 

7 comments:

  1. Glad your husband made it home, safely. I heard about that accident on the news, here! Enjoy that Minnesota sunshine while you can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really relieved that he made it back okay. It was lovely and sunny today. I am certainly enjoying it - though it is pretty cold.

      Delete
  2. Nasty crash. I hope there were no fatalities. I was intrigued by 'lake-effect snow'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that your husband got home okay. It must have been a heck of a drive.
    That is far too cold for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really relieved - and so was he! He said it wasn't bad until he got through Chicago and around the lake, then it was a combination of the snow and windy conditions.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad your husband got home safely. I had to laugh that you didn't see much wildlife except a couple of eagles. I would have been wild with joy to see them. Amazing to see the nest so near.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit, I love seeing the eagles. I don't see many where I am so it's a real treat and something I enjoy seeing while visiting daughter.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.