Pages

Saturday, December 9, 2023

Saturday

 I was looking forward to getting out by myself for a walk this morning. When I went to bed the forecast was okay, even called for sun. Was it that way when I got up? Nope. There was a chance of rain, but I took the chance and decided to go out. It poured. I got wet. The only thing on the plus side was that it was really quiet - no twits out apart from me - and I saw the beavers. I hate to go harping on about them, but they had been busy overnight. They've started on a big tree right by the trail. 




This is all new from yesterday and there was more too! Wow - busy, busy beavers. 

I had quite a productive day when I got home even though I thought about doing not a lot of anything. I got some wrapping done, some sorting and putting away of things (general tidying up I want to get done before I leave). Husband put up the tree. Middle son came to visit. I was sure I had all my shopping done, then I realised that I didn't have anything for son-in-law's mother and then middle son told me his girlfriend might be at the house on Christmas Day. I'd hate for her to not have anything to open so I have to get a few bits for her. Sigh. I do have 90% of it done though and I feel in a better place all around. 

Tomorrow is supposed to be another lousy weather day - sigh. We're going to the lakeshore even if all we do is sit in the car lol. I will miss the lake while I'm gone. I am going to take the afternoon to just chill, maybe (shock!) make a list or two while I'm thinking of things that need to be done in the upcoming few days. 

Last phone photo - once the rain had cleared - yup, it cleared as soon as I'd finished my walk - there were some strange clouds in the sky. There were big black clouds and then part blue sky. 


Hope everyone has a good weekend!


10 comments:

  1. Wow, those beavers have really been busy! And that is a very dramatic sky!
    It sounds like you are doing very well with getting the gifts bought and wrapped for everyone. Hope the remaining gifts will be easy to shop for and buy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that sky! It was funny how there was that one blue little spot and the rest was rather ominous looking.

      Delete
  2. Very wet in Suffolk on Saturday too - a dismal day. You did well to get out and about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I certainly miss the sunny days of summer!

      Delete
  3. I love to hear about the beavers. It must be amazing to have them nearby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good to have them near. I think that's one thing that gets me out walking in the morning in hopes of seeing them!

      Delete
  4. It's been pretty dismal here too. I am glad for the sparkle and colour inside.
    Hope your Sunday goes well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those beavers must be a menace but amazing to see. You'll get there with Christmas. I swear the run up to Christmas is like a collective nervous breakdown

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.