Pages

Thursday, December 14, 2023

Drum Roll Please....

Well, I am all bought, wrapped and packed. I did it. It's a relief. Not sure how everything is going to fit into the car, but we are all ready to go. Gifts here are all bought and wrapped (a couple stocking stuffers are arriving in a couple of days, but husband will wrap). I am still excited, nervous and anxious. I must admit to being a little sad that I won't be around the rest of my family for Christmas - it's my first time away - but I am anxious to meet my little granddaughter (when she arrives). As I've said before, I'm really excited that daughter wants me to be around. I am thankful her husband - my lovely son-in-law - likes me enough that he's willing to have me stay lol. 

We'll be leaving early in the morning. I'm not sure if I'll post for the next couple of days though I will try. I have obviously packed up the computer and will be taking it along with me. After the weekend I should be back to normal blogging. Husband is staying for the weekend and then he'll be heading back to Michigan. Daughter is working until the end of the year - unless she has the baby before. Her due date is January 11th so we shall see! I am hopefully going to get out for some walks as long as the weather is good. Minnesota is usually a lot colder than Michigan. The average high for Minnesota in January (where daughter is) is 22F/-5.5C and the low is 4F/-15.5C. That's pretty chilly to go for a long walk! 

Anyway, I'll wrap it up here. 

I took quite a few photos at the lodge this morning. The beavers put on quite a lovely show this morning (camera photos will follow at a later date). One swam up really close to the edge of the lake. Felt quite sad that I won't see them for a while. I do know where there are a couple of lodges close to daughter's and will maybe be able to see some there if the waters aren't frozen!

Here's a few phone photos. Was beautiful out. 












You can see that the lodge is actually spilling out onto the path! 


5 comments:

  1. How wonderful to have a new baby at this time of year. Such a privilege to hold new life isn't it. I'm looking forward to hearing all about it when little one arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous morning light. Minnesota sounds jolly cold! It's good that your husband will spend the weekend with you - it makes the parting easier, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a safe trip and a lovely Christmas. XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy that time with your daughter, I stayed with my daughter too, and it was wonderful to see my beautiful granddaughter, who is 29 now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo! Well done, you! All bought and wrapped and packed and ready to go! Enjoy your stay with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.