Pages

Thursday, December 28, 2023

Thursday

I was trying to think of a catchy title, but just couldn't, so Thursday it is. It wasn't the brightest beginning to the day but there was no precipitation today so it's an improvement! I decided I had to get out for a bit, so I decided to take the dogs for a walk. They are quite a lot to handle, so it was one at a time. I didn't go too far - I'm not that familiar with the streets where daughter lives and I didn't want to get lost. The dogs seemed to know where they were going as Sasha (the black husky) was trying to pull me in another direction that daughter later told me was the way they usually go. Isn't it strange how dogs seem to remember a familiar route? I remember when I used to walk Shasta around the roads near daughter's apartment - there was a short way and a long way - and she would become quite insistent which way she wanted to go lol. Luckily, these two were a little more willing to be led somewhere else.





Sierra at the top and Sasha at the bottom. 

I went out by the main road right near a farm. They live in a small town in the country. 



See, there is a little blue in the sky. Later it cleared out quite nicely - pretty close to sunset (of course!)



From the staircase window. 

Later on, we did pop to one of the few shops in town. It was funny to see the Valentine's Day things out already!


We did get a few housey things done today. Among this we sorted out the electric steraliser - yes that is a thing! I remember when my children were babies we boiled the bottles in a big metal pan that had this plastic insert thing where you put the bottles. This contraption they have steralises and dries off the bottles! It even keeps them 'safe' for 24 hours. Quite nifty. Good thing we unpacked it and looked at it as it is recommended that you run it through two cycles before you use it! Daughter is planning on breastfeeding if possible but she will be returning to work so baby will be having bottles too. 

Tomorrow is daughter's last day at work. I think she will be glad to be done. 

10 comments:

  1. I have 4 or 5 walks I can take my dog on, he is a small cross breed but he decides which way he wants to go when I walk him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, aren't they funny like that? I will have to try a few different ways around by daughter's. I'm sure the dogs will end up leading me the way they want to go!

      Delete
  2. Your daughter will be able to relax and enjoy more time with you before the baby arrives. Does she have much longer to go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's due January 11th. I'm glad she'll be able to have more time to sleep. I'm sure having a sleep in the daytime would help.

      Delete
  3. It's good to see clear skies and no rain. I'm sure your daughter will be only too happy to stop working now. The last few weeks make pregnancy feel like a marathon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunshine didn't last, but it was nice while it was here! She is so pleased to not have to get up in the morning. She's up more at night now, so sleep is interrupted.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like the dogs want to take you for a walk along their route of choice! We just go from one holiday to the next, don't we?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do! They are so used to going a certain way I think.
      The shops just pull down one and put up the next. I suppose they have to order in advance and such. It just seems there should be at least a week inbetween!

      Delete
  5. Hope your daughter gets to rest up between now and the new arrival as she won't get much rest afterwards!!
    I was amazed at all the contraptions that were available when the grandchildren arrived - on a visit they took over the whole kitchen !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing all the things they have now. The things that were recommended to daughter - wow! We did without most of that stuff and I think we did pretty well. Of course, I'm sure a lot of it is about the money.

      Yes, I'm hoping she can get some rest!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.