Pages

Saturday, December 26, 2020

Boxing Day

 Son came over today and we had a lovely time opening presents and chatting. It's been a while since he's stayed for any amount of time so it was nice to just relax and enjoy the company. I got lots of goodies - some photography bits, some books and chocolates - even a little alcohol! My middle sister messaged me today with some photos of her grandchildren at their get together from yesterday. It was lovely to see photos of the children. They are growing up so fast! Her latest grandchild was born in June so I haven't even got to see him yet. He looks like such a lovely, happy baby. 

The gifts have all been handed out and now comes the lull between Christmas and New Year. I am looking forward to getting back in my craft room, tidying up and starting afresh. I am going to take this week to think about the direction I want the next year to go in and try to think of some realistic goals to set. I've been looking back on the last year and sorting out things. The year definitely proved a challenge. 

Photos today - I made four albums for people for Christmas. They contained photos of my daughter's proposal/engagement. Now I have to make one for me!

I also made several calendars. Most were done on the computer but my Mum's was completely handmade (of course I forgot to take photos of that one)





And I also made a couple of 2020 mask ornaments. 



And a husky ornament


I liked making the ornaments. I used to make quite a few of them, but for some reason (probably just being really busy) I stopped making them. I do however have a few more picked out to do. 

Overall I'm quite pleased with my makes this year. How about you? Did your Homemade With Love gifts work out? I think - this year especially - a handmade, thoughtful gift is lovely and such a great way to let someone know that you are thinking about them even if you can't be close!




5 comments:

  1. I love your calendars and ornaments! The calendars with your photos are such a wonderful idea! I didn't make as many gifts as I had thought I might, but, almost everyone received at least one jar of my homemade jam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE the masked Santa and reindeer. They gave me a good chuckle. The photo products are also lovely. Such thoughtful gifts.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so many lovely things you have made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ilove all your handmade things. Those books a gorgeous and the cross stitch really cute.I bet the recipients of the phot albums are delighted with them. Many years ago I beaded a pair of wolf earrings. The detail was lovely and I was asked if I would sell them. I gave them to the chap for his wife and she was thrilled t bits with them. This year I might just get around to making a pair for myself. It will fill my time nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your gifts are so thoughtful. You are such a talented photographer. I gave more antiques away - things to my girls I knew they admired of mine. All part of my destashing. I was hired to make several handmade gifts. My daughters asked "where are our dogs?" I said, "paying customers first...ahahah"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.