Pages

Monday, December 28, 2020

The In-Between Week

 This is an odd week - short too. Christmas is over but we've still got the New Year to see in. I forgot to post again yesterday. I remembered when I was tucked up in bed and frankly I couldn't be bothered to get back out again! I really need to blog earlier in the day. I had thought about it several times throughout the afternoon, but kept forgetting!

We went out for a little walk yesterday. Not too far away as I was Skyping Mum at 12.30 my time (5.30 hers). We got to see some ice along the lighthouse. It's been unseasonably  warm here (we're talking maybe just above freezing lol) so there isn't as much ice as there is usually at this time. 


Today I met my walking friend for a dull, dark and chilly walk. Of course now that it's late afternoon and almost time for sunset the sun has decided to come out. Sigh. I was tempted to see if I could go for a really quick walk but my foot is hurting and frankly it's cold out. 

After my walk this morning I did go out. I had to replenish some cleaning supplies. I was...well, not really surprised to see Valentine's Day items already out for display. Crikey. That's pushing it a bit in my book!



It did make my smile-for-the-day. I almost laughed out loud in the middle of the shop. 


4 comments:

  1. I love your icy fence photo!

    Valentine's Day stuff in the shops already? They could at least wait until after the New Year celebrations are over and done with.

    I hope you enjoyed your chat with your Mum. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, look at all that ice on the railing!

    I, too, noticed that Valentine's Day gift baskets were being advertised when I looked online for a couple of New Year's gifts. I guess shops and retailers are really trying to get as much business as they can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It'll be Easter displays before you know it! They don't wait for Valentines day to be over!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness that ice on the railings is amazing.
    I shall check out the UK shops tomorrow to see if valentine stuff is in already or Easter Eggs!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.