Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Brrr....

 It was cold this morning! 18F/-8C! I bundled up in my long undies, hat, double gloves and hand warmers so I wasn't too bad. The cold did keep people away. There were a few other hardy souls out. The sun was shining so that was good. I didn't see a lot of wildlife, just lots of geese. The beavers have been busy with smaller trees, leaving the larger trees alone for now. Asylum Lake was beginning to freeze in places. 

I ran a couple of errands, came home to wrap some presents, finish an ornament and try to keep my sanity! I have a love/hate with this time of year. I like the giving of gifts but I tend to stress myself out. It's my lack of organisation and time management that gets me every time. I'm trying to think of one word that encompasses both so I can work on this next year. I'm getting to a point where it is something that is bothering me so it is time for a change. 



A couple of cards I made today. I quite like them. Once I've got the few projects left I am finishing up I think I'm going to make more of these so I have them on hand - another reason I need to be organised. I've been watching December Daily Vlogs on YouTube and so many people seem so organised for the holidays and I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off. 

How organised are you with gifts? Do you have a stash of gifts on hand? Do you plan throughout the year? 

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, that's too cold to be out and about! I love the cards that you made, though!

    Ah, yes, Christmas...I, too, like the giving gifts part! I used to write my gift list and plan my gifts well in advance, but, these last couple of years, I've been a very last minute shopper! This year, I am not even shopping! I made enough jam to give everyone, except the young people on my list (who would prefer something besides jam). I am not sure what I'll give them, this year, as I am not going to a store to even get gift cards, for them. On the other hand, I probably won't be seeing them for Christmas, anyway, so, this might be the year without gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, they are a delight. Yes I do have a few extra gifts ready, just in case and yes I do make a start early in the year. However, there is always a but I still get caught out occassionally, thats life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always running around like a chicken with my head cut off too. Your cards are gorgeous! Sure is cold there, stay bundled up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get gifts as they are requited but I have done most shopping online this year so it hasn't been too much of a hassle really.
    It sounds c-c-cold your way! Brrrrrr
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards. You know my answer...however, I decided that I was going to aim for a more simple Christmas. Between sharing time with our daughter's in-laws, we have decided to just do a late Christmas morning "brunch" I am not even putting up a big tree, mostly because our new puppies are chewing on everything.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.