Pages

Sunday, December 6, 2020

Day Six

 This is the sixth day in a row that I've managed to post! I think it's the most in one go that I've managed. Son was up and at work again before I got up today. Husband and I went out for a bit. It was quite cold again - below zero (-2 or -3c) but I bundled up today with long undies and thick winter coat. I even managed to find my hat in the week! We went up to Muskegon for a walk up in the sand dunes and down on the beach. Crazy I know but it's so very peaceful. For a moment we stood still and could hear absolutely nothing. It was so beautiful and quiet. There were a few other people out and about - a lot of dog walkers, but it is a big state park and lots of places to go where there aren't a lot of people about especially now that it's winter. I really enjoyed it.

There isn't  a lot of colour about now though. It is mostly browns and greys. I certainly miss the brightness of summer and autumn. The beaches all have the fences up now ready to try to stop the sand and snow from blowing and drifting. It looked as though the waters have already reached quite a way up the beach at some point as there was quite a bit of debris on the beach. Some of the fences were already pretty buried. It's difficult to comprehend that a lake could cause so much damage but the winds sometimes blow pretty fiercely and cause the waters to crash quite high on the beach. 


I love watching how the sands change over the winter. As you can see from the bottom photo - the sand has already reached the top of the fence! I think I amused husband when I was taking so many pictures of fences. 

Start of a new week tomorrow. I had such good ideas when I was sitting in the car as we were driving up to the state park. I told husband that I should put a pad and pencil in the car so when we are out and about I can jot down my ideas! By the time we have arrived home I've forgotten them all!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. What are your plans for the week?

3 comments:

  1. I shivered at those photos. The background looks so cold and so bleak.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the subdued colour palette in these photos. It doesn't look cold, just peaceful and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done with your posting every day, so far! Your photos are beautiful! And it looks very peaceful, too.

    No big plans for the week. I want to finish knitting my sweater, practice the piano, do some cleaning, and, maybe start decorating for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.