Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Ok...What Happened?

 It's Tuesday and I haven't posted since...Thursday??? That's an epic fail. Yikes. I honestly thought I'd only missed a day, well two at most. I feel as though I'm running around like crazy. Things shouldn't be so busy as we aren't doing as much this Christmas, but I still seem to be running out of time!

Mum and sisters got my cards. I posted them on Saturday 12th and they got them on Friday 18th. That's not bad considering post going from one state to another takes longer than that! I'm hoping she got her calendar and couple other things I posted on Monday 14th. Hopefully she will let me know tomorrow! I did end up ordering her some books on Amazon and had them delivered to my sister's house so that Mum didn't have to worry about hearing the postman or going to the post office to pick them as (as they are an Amazon hub). Sister let me know those did arrive. I shall find out how/if Mum's Christmas plans have changed since the new announcements came into effect. 

I still have wrapping to do - it's that time management thing again. I am running out of time. I'm still not sure what day we shall do our small (our house and 1 son) gathering as son has to work Christmas Day. Older son (who lives with us) is SO looking forward to Christmas just because he will have ten days off (he still had some time to use). He has been working 10 hour days without a break for about three weeks now. I think it is just that promise of time off that has kept him going. He is so tired at the end of the day he has a bath, eats dinner and goes upstairs to his room. He usually ends up falling asleep and stumbling downstairs sometime in the night to actually get ready for bed. 

Things will be calming down soon. I am looking forward to thinking about 2021 and what changes/goals I plan to make. This year just ended up...blah...and most of what I thought about went along the wayside as I've been struggling to get through the days. 

Photo today - a lovely little stone I saw on my walk the other day. Things like this always make me smile. 

BTW thanks for all the comments - I do read them! I think I accidentally deleted one the other day instead of publishing - sigh. 

5 comments:

  1. Easily done when one is so busy! I'm sure everything will fall into place and at least you don't have to worry about cards/parcels arriving now.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time is running away with us all at the moment. It's been a very strange year hasn't it. I do love that little stone, it's one of the unexpected pleasures when we come across that kind of thing. Have a lovely Christmas. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking in terms of having month long mini goals in 2021 rather than big longer term things. I think I will be able to keep the focus going for shorter lengths of time while life is so up in the air with the varying virus restrictions.

    Your post did much better than mine. One of my cards posted on the 10th still hasn't arrived at its UK destination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's easy to get behind on blogging when we are trying to finish other projects! I still haven't wrapped gifts - I feel that I am way behind with my Christmas preparations, this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not been good at keeping up with my regular posts these past 2 months. I hope to get back to or even different types of posts for 2021. My husband is on vacation for 2 weeks and then will be off for several weeks for surgery on his carpal tunnel. If all goes o.k. with Covid stuff, that's the plan. I've only ever found 1 of those painted rocks, it was exciting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.