Pages

Thursday, December 24, 2020

'Twas the Night Before Christmas..

 Well, it's the afternoon. Took a cold, snowy walk this morning. It was -7C when I went out and the wind was a blowin'. It was nice to get out and take a break.

I have the wrapping finished, cooking done, tree on. I'm going to sit down a while before trying to tidy up a bit. It's nice to know it's almost done though we do have food and gifts to exchange tomorrow. We shan't be doing our usual Christmas but will be exchanging and delivering food to relatives and giving out gifts tomorrow. It will be a quiet Christmas after that. We aren't unwrapping our gifts until Saturday (Boxing Day) when son can come.

I thought I'd share a few ornaments that are on our tree made by my wonderfully talented Mother-in-Law. She has made some lovely ornaments and I love having them on the tree. 





I took all the photos with my phone - thank goodness for phone photos! 

Hope everything is coming together for people. 

14 comments:

  1. I love those decorations and they are so special because they are handmade. Have a lovely Christmas and a far better 2021

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are truly lovely. She is very talented indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a very talented lady. I love all the handmade ornaments she shares.

      Delete
  3. The tree decorations are lovely things to treasure. Your mum-in-law is very talented.

    I don't think I'd want to be out walking in that temperature but I'm glad you had the opportunity to get out of the house.

    I hope you have a lovely time and I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's very talented! I bundle up with long undies, double gloves, thick socks and hand warmers in gloves. It takes a bit of getting used to and even then you can't be out long, but it beats staying inside all winter!

      Delete
  4. Your M-I-L's ornaments are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so lucky she shares with the rest of us!

      Delete
  5. Your mother in law is, indeed, extremely clever - those ornaments are stunning.
    Wishing you all a very happy Christmas, packed with good memories.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I especially love the bird ones. She actually gave me more today and I couldn't be more grateful!

      Delete
  6. Those ornaments are lovely!

    I wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas, Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you had a lovely time with your daughter!

      Delete
  7. Merry Christmas! I love handmade ornaments.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.