Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Tuesday

 Chilly and unproductive day today. I feel quite disappointed with myself. I need to stay away from the news and negative social media. It isn't good for my mental health and I end up getting little done. I went for a pretty cold walk with a snow shower. Brrr... I know it's coming but I'm still not ready for it. I also spent too much time just watching birds and trying to keep positive. 

I was glad to see this little one coming to my feeder. It is a Red-Breasted Nuthatch and is a winter bird where I am. This is the first time I've had one come to my feeder on a regular basis! I've been watching and taking photos of the birds in my garden for a couple of years now but I have to say that this year they have really kept me going and cheered me up when I've felt down. 

Even the squirrels - that I usually find annoying - had me smiling today. This is a Fox Squirrel. They are quite big, eat a lot and seem to not like anyone else eating near to them. 


Hope everyone is keeping well - physically and mentally. 


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like winter is already there, Sharon. Love the picture of the squirrel! He looks like he is getting ready for winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is so funny! I just wish he wouldn't eat everything in sight!

      Delete
  2. That squirrel looks really cuddly. I think it's the season for cuddly and cosy things right now. Hope you are keeping warm and safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't he? I thought he looked quite fluffy. Hope you are doing well!

      Delete
  3. Loved seeing the squirrel, you must have the patience of a saint waiting for the best photo opportunity.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.