Pages

Friday, December 4, 2020

End of Week

 My mouth is a little sore today, somewhat sensitive to anything cold. Ouch! My dentist called later in the day - they always follow up after treatment - and I mentioned it to her. She said it could last a few days. If I was still sensitive after a week I was to call them. I'm sure it will be gone by then. Hopefully.

Today was chilly but bright. I woke up quite early. I always do but usually I can go back to sleep. This morning I started thinking about things, my mind started racing and I couldn't sleep any more. Rather than just keep laying there getting frustrated I got up. It gave me longer to wake up before I go for my walk lol. It was really quite quiet about. 

This is a photo from my phone. The clouds were beautiful. 



I came home and got my daily jobs done and did some work on a couple of projects I have going. Some of my photos arrived yesterday so I was able to get further on the projects. 

I'm not sure what the weekend will hold. My oldest son (who lives with us) has to work all weekend. Poor guy. He has been told that they will have to work five 12 hour days and two 8 hour days. For all of December! I think he's hoping not. He is already tired as they have been working ten hour days for a while. Some of the guys were off work during the shutdown so I'm sure a few of them will be glad of the extra money. Son has been working throughout. He does have a holiday coming up at the end of December for which I'm sure he is going to be really happy about! He always buys his own breakfast and lunch foods. I told him I would pick things up if he couldn't get to the shops. 

I'm sure we'll be off walking somewhere. I know that, at some point, we have to take some mail down to our other son as he had a couple of things shipped to our house. Other than that I am hoping to finish up a couple of projects. I shall Skype Mum tomorrow our usual time. 

What do you have planned for the weekend? 


3 comments:

  1. I hope the sensitivity and soreness in your mouth goes away, soon. That's really nice that they call you for a follow up!

    Your photo is really pretty. It'll make a great jigsaw puzzle! One of these days, I am going to try and wake up early enough to see a sunrise! :D

    Sounds like your son will be required to work some long hours without much of a break!

    I haven't planned anything for the weekend, but, I should. I need to write out holiday greeting cards and see what gifts I can make with what I have on hand!

    Enjoy your weekend! And I am really enjoying reading your daily posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a lot of hours for your son to work he will need the break he as planned for the end of December. Hope your mouth settles down soon. We plan to get the Christmas decorations sorted out over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your poor son, he's going to be exhausted.

    I hope the soreness in your mouth goes away quickly. It can be pleasant.

    The photo is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.