Pages

Saturday, December 12, 2020

Saturday

 It rained all morning. Poured down. No walk. We decided to run some errands. The Post Office was first on the list. There is one near us that opens at 8.30 (the others open at 9). We got there at 8.35. The inside (very small) was already filled and there were two other people waiting outside! There was only one person serving inside. Luckily there was a small cover over the door where the three of us managed to stand at a distance from one another masked up. I thought about going to one of the other post offices, but realised that by the time we got there and they opened we would probably be better off staying where we were. I got finished just before 9am. The man serving was pretty quick - I've chatted to him before - and sounded quite upbeat despite being busy and on his own. I always try to make sure that I'm not grumpy towards the people waiting on me as it is not their fault that there aren't enough staff. 

We picked up a couple of bits needed, but it was busy and raining. I decided to hold off on the rest.  Monday will be a lot less busy and is supposed to be dry!

Skyped with Mum. She hasn't been out all week, but did sound okay. We had a lovely chat. It was really quite nice. The rest of the afternoon I did some stitching, worked on a couple of crafty projects and worked on some photos. Not a too bad day. I'm hoping to be able to go for some kind of walk tomorrow. 

Photo - poor rained out Blue Jay. They come out even when it is wet outside!




3 comments:

  1. Not nice weather unless you're a duck. Good for the water table though, I expect.
    I can never understand why customers are rude to the folk behind the counter. Hold ups are rarely, if ever, their fault, after all. Now that smiles cannot be seen, I go maybe a bit OTT on pleases and thank-yous instead.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a busier than normal year for the post office, I've heard. Good idea to postpone the rest of your errands till Monday when it would be less busy and dry (hopefully). Glad to hear that you had a good chat with your Mum. The Blue Jay does look a bit damp around the edges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear you were able to have a long chat with your Mum. I'm sure it cheered both of you.

    It's a shame about the rain but at least you were able to make a start on your errands and hopefully will get the rest finished on Monday.

    Great photo of the blue jay.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.