Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2020

What Day is it?

 I feel as though that's something a lot of us are asking this week. I have to keep reminding myself that it is Tuesday. Tomorrow I shall call Mum - hopefully I'll remember. Having a bit of a blah week this week. I think I overdid the walk today as my foot is really hurting. That resulted in not a lot else getting done. It hurts every time I step on it. Ouch. Instead I snuggled in my blanket and started a new book. Obviously there should have been something more productive done. I shall have to make sure that more gets done tomorrow. I haven't arranged to walk with my friend tomorrow as we are due snow and then freezing rain and then rain. Yuck. I won't drive in ice unless I really, really have to. The rest is probably what is needed for my foot but I hate missing a walk. If I don't go my whole day seems a little off. 

Photo today - male Cardinal. This really should be the bird of Michigan in my opinion. The state bird is a robin (a duller, not-so-cute version of the English one) and most of them leave for the winter! Cardinals stick around all year long. They are a much-needed pop of colour during the winter months. They are usually the first birds to our feeders in the morning and the last to leave at night. I think they like feeding in peace. They mate for life. It's actually rather sweet to watch them together as they sometimes feed one another. It's mainly the male feeding the female, but sometimes I've seen it the other way round. 

3 comments:

  1. That is a really nice picture of the cardinal. I hope your foot feels better after resting it tomorrow. Enjoy your chat with your Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch, that doesn't sound nice at all. However, snuggling under a blanket and reading sounds lovely so forget about the day and enjoy!
    (Hoping the foot feels better soon though)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I love to watch the cardinal couples too. However, I do love the robins. It's WI state bird too. I didn't even get out of my pj all day yesterday. I don't even know what day it is....ahahhaaa. I did get up, do dishes and plan to do something....wink, wink

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.