Pages

Friday, January 13, 2023

End of Another Week

Guess what? Another dull and gloomy day. I only took a quick walk today. It was really cold and just after I started walking these ice pellet things started coming down. It's the end of the week and I've had enough of the lousy weather. 

I went home, picked up my packages, dropped them off at the Post Office and came home. I was really too miserable to go anywhere else. I did my house stuff, a bit of sorting and not much else. I did forget to say yesterday that I had done some cross stitching - a minimal amount. The light hasn't been good and the pattern I'm working on is difficult to see. At first I miscounted - apparently I don't know how to count to three - so I put the stitching down with the thought of never picking it up again. A little later, I took another look. I had counted correctly so I did a little more. The pattern isn't really calling to me. Actually, that's sort of not true. I really like the design, but the pattern isn't the greatest. I prefer black and white symbols, this is in colour. It's really small. I have enlarged the pattern, but the symbol legend is really difficult to read. I did email the designer, but never heard back. Sigh. I won't be getting another of their patterns!

Hopefully, I'll have a photo of it to post soon. I might start another more enjoyable design to give me a break. 

Not sure what's up for the weekend. My husband's brother is coming to visit from another state. It's the first time he's been back in a couple of years so husband will be spending time with him. I won't be visiting. They have some views - including those about Covid - that are just still too raw with me to sit there and pretend I'm happy and everything is okay when it's not and I'm still struggling. I understand that people want to move on, and a lot of people have put it behind them, but I'm just not at that stage. And just to be clear, it's not like I've visited a lot with them in the past. I shall do my own thing. I'm glad they are coming to visit MIL and FIL. It's been too long for them.  I shall go have my own adventure and hopefully some long-awaited sunshine!

What are you up to for the weekend? My sister said that it was looking like rain in her part of the world - East Anglia - so she was planning to stay in bed longer lol. 



Some of the not-quite-snow on the path. 

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

10 comments:

  1. It sounds like you still managed to get a lot accomplished on a rather grey and dull day. I hope you are able to get that cross stitching completed soon. I bought a kit once and it was so difficult to do that I put it aside and never went back to finish it! It's still there in a drawer! I guess I should declutter it! It was a rather cloudy day, here, too, with another band of rain storms in the forecast for the weekend! No big plans for the weekend - just relaxing and doing a little more cleaning and tidying, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping this one won't end up that way. It's not that it's difficult, the pattern is just so hard to understand. It's not very clear. It's very frustrating as I really like the design.

      Hope it dries up soon. Have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  2. The weather in Suffolk has been dismal most of the week and again today.
    Hope you have a good weekend and get out for some walks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what sister said. She was thinking about just settling in for the weekend. Usually she's always out for a walk and such but not this weekend!

      Delete
  3. It's hard to be near people with strong different views if neither can let them go. I think just not spending time with them is best solution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually it wouldn't bother me so much. I can bite my tongue. But losing Mum, especially the way things happened, it's still too new, too raw. I just can't smile and bite my tongue.

      Husband had a good visit with his brother though and, as I said, MIL and FIL really, really deserve more visits than they get!

      Delete
  4. I was going to do a 4H project day, but only 1 youth signed up - my own grand daughter....so, they are coming over here and we will do some of the projects together. Oh, and working on a Lot Drop tonight. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you enjoy the time with your granddaughter. It should be fun!

      Delete
  5. I hope you have a good weekend too. I can understand why you prefer not to meet with your BiL and hope your own adventure cheers you. Also hope the sunshine turned up as requested!

    It's raining here too! I was supposed to be going clothes shopping but am stuck in A&E having my eyes checked again as one pupil is still dilated. I've ordered some clothes online while I wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much! Oh no! I hope things work out okay. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.