Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Today

Guess what? It was dull and drizzly. My walk was all squelchy muddy paths. I wasn't enthused. When things are dull out, I don't really feel like going for a walk. There was a thin sheen of ice on the lake. It did make for some nice reflections. There were a bunch of geese squawking at the end of the lake along with a couple of Trumpeter Swans and one lone Mute Swan. 

After the walk I dropped my packages off at the post office. I was rather annoyed as the last time I went up to the counter the man there told me I could scan the prepaid packages at the self-service checkout and get a receipt. As there was a long queue, I decided to try it. Managed to do it. The place you were supposed to put the packages were closed and the big trolley where you were supposed to put the packages was full to the point of overflowing. Sigh. In the end I stood in the queue anyway and dropped my packages off. 

I also went and dropped off my Amazon returns. I don't know if anyone remembers, but last week I had ordered some boxes from Amazon, and they sent me bin liners. I did a return and requested a replacement and....more bin liners were delivered. Sigh. I gave up. Requested a refund which was really frustrating as the person I was 'chatting' with didn't really understand what I was saying. I ordered different boxes which did show up, so that was good. 

Oh, I also heard something about the empty shelves. Husband told me that someone he worked with knew someone who worked at the shop. Apparently, the truck arrived late and because they have cut the hours on workers there was no-one to fill the shelves and the truck sat in the car park until that night! Hopefully shopping tomorrow (somewhere else) will make it so I can complete my shopping list for my menu, and I won't have to go out again. 

A bird from the weekend when the sun actually shone.



A Red-bellied Woodpecker. 

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a productive day, all in all. At least you found out why the shelves were empty! I wonder if the poor truck driver had to wait in the truck until it was finally unloaded! If so, I feel sorry for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always good to get an explanation for things, isn't it?
    Loving that photo. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was interesting to know. I didn't go back there though. I went to somewhere else to get the rest of my things. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. The worker shortage really has changed business, but I'm baffled. There's no extended or extra unemployment benefits, everything costs more so would think people with time might want a part time job at least if they need extra funds. I remember when my kids struggled to find student jobs, now my daughter has to limit how much she can take on and still get ample study time because there's not enough workers on campus. It's so odd. Good luck in the shops. Beautiful picture of the bird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think sometimes (I sound really old now) younger people are looking for certain jobs and might not take others even to tide them over.
      Thanks. I love those woodpeckers.

      Delete
  4. That's a great photo. Was the bird in your garden? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was in my garden. I loved the light that afternoon. Had to make the most of that sunshine.

      Delete
  5. That sounds frustrating. The bird is sweet tho!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.