Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2023

Saturday - Was there Sunshine?

Was there sunshine? Yes there was! It made me smile. 

We did go out for a bit in the morning. Husband said he wasn't going to visit with his brother until the afternoon so we could go out in the morning. As there was actually going to be a sunrise (first one for over a week!) we went to watch it. Actually, I watched it, husband said it was too cold (about 20f/-7C) and sat in the car. 

* all phone photos as I haven't sorted through the camera ones. 



Even with the sunrise there was a line of clouds above it lol. 

After the sunrise we took a drive to a Warren Dunes State Park and took a walk along the beach. It wasn't very sunny there, and it was cold, but it was peaceful and pretty. 

We took a walk up in the sand dunes where there was a touch of snow



I've been watching this piece of water dividing the beach for a while. It's moved again. Further along now. It sounds strange but with the winds and the lake waters, this piece of water dividing the beach keeps changing and moving. I've taken photos for years - I really need to dig them out. 



It's a lot slimmer at the bottom further along the beach. So interesting to see how much it changes. I've said it before, but considering this is a lake it's amazing how much things change. 

Got back home and husband went over to visit his brother. Son went over later for a little while. They didn't stay as long as I thought and were home before I headed out to catch a sunset. I had thought of going to the lake for a sunset, but it was cloudy that way so I stuck to a place in town. I can't actually watch a good sunset, but there were colours in the sky. 

I was surprised that it had been cold enough that Asylum Lake had a thin layer of ice on it. 



It wasn't a bad day overall. The sunshine helped my mood. I struggled with getting some of my photo project done. It took a lot longer to get any of it done, but I managed three blog posts on my photography blog. Sigh. At this rate it's going to take forever! I am determined to finish it. 

Tomorrow, I'm off on a Sunday Adventure. Not sure where it will take me. I like having lazy weekends, where I don't feel guilty for doing indulgent things such as hobbies!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. 



10 comments:

  1. That photo of the sunrise is stunning! I'm glad you were able to go out for a walk and get some sunshine, today. Hope tomorrow's adventure is a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It was nice to see the sun. Sunday's adventure was good too!

      Delete
  2. I wish none of us felt investing time in hobbies made us feel guilty. Your photos are very pretty. All and all, your Saturday sounded calm and that's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been reading about mindfulness. What you do every day is so good for your physical, mental and spiritual well being. Walking out in nature is like "medicine." Also, you say lazy, but we need down time inside too. Our minds that is. You accomplished a lot, you can take a rest....I preach this to myself...I'm going to keep at it...cuz my calendar is filling up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I agree that the walk does help overall wellbeing.

      Delete
  4. That is such a beautiful sunrise. No wonder you smiled. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sunrise photo is amazing ... those glorious colours. I'm glad you were able to get out and about and hope you enjoy your Sunday adventure. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.