Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Midweek

I did get out for a walk yesterday. It was a longer one and I'm glad I went for a longer one as it snowed overnight and all day today so I stayed home. Yikes, the day seemed really long! I'm glad I didn't take the car out though. People were struggling up the hill until the snow plough came through later in the day. The snow has stopped for now and I'm hoping we won't get a lot overnight so I can go out for my walk tomorrow. I did watch the birds in the garden for a bit. Yikes, they were going crazy! Probably because they can't find food anywhere else. 

This lovely woodpecker has been stopping by the last few days. It's a Northern Flicker. They are really beautiful and have such a range of lovely colours. Their underneath is yellow. They even have a little red heart on the back on the necks. This one is a female as it does not have red by its beak. 



I didn't get a lot done today. I should have, but I couldn't seem to get motivated. I did do some tidying up that I've been putting off. I got together some things I need to post to daughter - a couple of things I've picked up and a couple of things that got forgotten in the Christmas box. Including this cute box I picked up at the Dollar Tree. 







Isn't it adorable? I've got to think of something different to put inside it now lol. 

It was pretty chilly today - obviously, as it was snowing - but I'm trying to keep the heat down (it has to be on as we can't not have it on - too cold and water pipes and such). I've been wearing what are supposed to be pajama bottoms during the daytime. They are so comfy and warm, too warm to sleep in lol. 



The penguins make me smile too lol. I have a couple of different pairs. 

Hope everyone is having a good week!

6 comments:

  1. That's a very pretty bird! And the box is just right for St. Valentine's day! It sounds like you did plenty, tidying up, gathering things to send to your daughter, etc. The PJ bottoms are very cute! I like penguins; they make me smile, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dearly love those PJs - so, so cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, me too! They are lovely and comfy, nice and big (but not too big) too

      Delete
  3. Your pyjama bottoms do look warm and comfy and I love the penguins. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.