Pages

Friday, January 6, 2023

End of the Week - ramblings

I thought about this post being an update on my Creativity for the week. I am hoping to be more creative this year. However, I haven't been as creative (yet) as I had hoped this week. I have done some creative photography but will share that tomorrow when I will (hopefully) have some more creativity to share. We will be going out for a short time in the morning and then I plan to spend the rest of the day doing some crafting. 

Most of this week has been about getting into the swing of things after the holidays. I did get some of the house resetting done but there is still more to be done. I did make a meal plan for the week and meals are planned and food purchased for throughout the weekend. Husband cooks at the weekend and usually we end up going to the shops and spending a lot more money than we should have. Instead, I planned meals that I knew he could cook and purchased the items needed. I am sure this will save us some money. We have plenty of snack foods left from Christmas gifts and things I had purchased for our snack table. No need to buy any more. I am already thinking about the meals I will be planning for next week. Meal planning made things so much easier this week. 

It's been grey and dreary the last few days. There are mud puddles on most of the trails I've walked, and almost slipped a couple of times. Luckily, I caught myself. The weather is making me feel quite down. It's supposed to be sunny this weekend. I hope the weather forecast doesn't change. A good dose of sunshine will make me feel better. 

My laugh for the day was the weather bar on my computer. It said this



Really? Really? The sky is just completely cloud covered, we're talking monotone, no definition to the clouds at all. It's been drizzly all day and we've had snow showers. There wasn't even a patch of blue. How my computer - set to the town I live in - decided there would be a great sunset I don't know! It was like that in the blizzard. The snow was coming down outside and the computer weather bar said it was sunny out. Sigh. Maybe it's just wishful thinking lol. 

Here's to some sunshine tomorrow!


5 comments:

  1. With so much snow, we need a slow thaw or we'll just get ice damns. I already long for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh at the weather thing - it obviously doesn't look outside!! :-)

    I like rambling posts - they are interesting. Good luck with the crafting and I'm looking forward to seeing what you're doing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the meal planning! My daughter will be extending her stay with me, so, I put in an order for groceries and will need to make a meal plan and cook for two as opposed for one. We ate a lot of take out over the holidays and now, it is time to prepare homecooked meals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad the meal planning and shopping has made it easier for you and saved you some money. I do like the fact that you have a snack table! That sounds like there's some serious snacking in your house 😉

    The weather is awful over here. I've given up on any ideas of photo walks for the next week or so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are working on our freezer and not buying too much extras. I roasted a turkey today. Now pot pie and soup this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.