Pages

Friday, January 27, 2023

Well, it finally happened....SUNSHINE!!

There was actually a sunrise this morning!!! So happy! It was really cold.  But when I looked out of my back window and saw the promise of the sun I bundled up with lots of layers and headed out. 


I got to see a sunrise and some sunshine! It was absolutely wonderful. As cold as it was I was the only crazy person out early and it was so peaceful. Some phone photos. 






The beavers had been busy overnight as it snowed, and I could tell that there was fresh work at the beaver lodge. 



You can see where they have piled up fresh mud on top of the lodge. The weather is turning colder, the lake is freezing, and I think they know that they are going to be inside for a while. I was lucky enough to see some of them this morning. Wonderful!

I came straight home after my walk. The roads weren't the greatest. Clouds rolled in and then the snow started. Goodbye sunshine. It's been snowy and bitterly cold all afternoon. We're under a gale watch too so the winds are pretty strong. 

I got some household stuff done, had a nice warm bath and have been sorting through some photos this afternoon as well as messaging with my sister, catching up on all the news from home. 

I'm not sure what the weekend will hold. It depends on the weather, how much more snow we will get. I am prepared not to go far and do some crafty stuff. Husband is a good driver in the snow though and I do have him home for a couple of days so we shall see!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Can you believe we're almost at the end of January? 

8 comments:

  1. Oh, how lovely! Sunshine is so cheering and the snow looks beautiful in your photos.
    But that's cold!!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely to have that dose of sunshine. Unfortunately, it's only going to get colder this week!

      Delete
  2. Lovely sunshine photos. Hope you are not snow bound for too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice to see the sun. Husband is a really good, confident driver in the snow so I'll go out with him. They do sometimes get the roads clear pretty quickly if it's not too cold.

      Delete
  3. You are a brilliant photographer. I love the first two photos ... they are amazing! Glad you've had some sunshine and hope there is more in the pipeline for you soon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you! Not sure when we'll see sunshine again. Hopefully soon!

      Delete
  4. Glad you got to see some sunshine before it started to snow again! Stay warm in that cold weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will bundle up and not stay out too long. I know when my fingers and toes start to tingle that it's time to come inside!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.