Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Midweek

Guess what? Another dull day with rain this time! I have really had enough of this weather. It's supposed to rain tomorrow and then snow on Friday. There doesn't even look like there will be sun at the weekend. Sunshine really is good for mental health! I really could use a dose of it. I don't feel like doing a lot of anything. Sigh.

I did get the rest of my food shop today. I went somewhere else and managed to get everything I needed. Yesterday, in the evening I worked on my project and managed to get a bit more of that done. Today after I'd finished my household stuff I settled down to watch a presentation from my online photo club. Unfortunately, I missed the live. I completely forgot about it, but I was able to watch the reply. Probably better as I could stop and start as needed. It was really interesting. It was a presentation by Bill Ward who is an actor as well as a photographer (he was in Coronation Street and Emmerdale). Anyway, he did a really good presentation, the second half of which was all about creative photography including multiple exposure and ICM (intentional camera movement). I've done a little bit of both but watching the talk has really inspired me to get out and do more. 

Here is an ICM (intentional camera movement) photo I did the other day in the woods. There is no snow around at the moment and the colours look a lot like Autumn. 



I love the artsy look of this especially the colours. This is definitely a little more creative than my normal photography and not everyone's cup of tea, but I really enjoy it. 


9 comments:

  1. I really like your photo! It looks like a painting! In fact, at first, I thought it was a painting!
    I'm glad you were able to get the rest of your food shopping done. I ordered more groceries, today, myself.
    I hope you get some sunshine, soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks. That's what I like about doing this kind of photo. I can't paint at all so creating the effect with my camera is the next best thing. Hope you can manage to get all your shopping!

      Delete
  2. Wow - a stunning photo.

    Hoping for sun for you - we definitely feel happier when the sun shines. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I agree - sunshine does make you feel happier!

      Delete
  3. The photo is what I would see without my glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your ICM photo. I went on a workshop about ICM and multiple exposures and while I enjoyed the weekend, I'm not sure that I 'love' the techniques for myself.

    Glad you were able to get the rest of your shopping so you can stick to your meal plan. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah thanks. When I first heard about ICM and multiple exposure I wasn't sure it was for me either, but when I started experimenting with it I found that I really liked some of the effects. It isn't always easy and can sometimes just look like blobs. I really enjoyed the talk by Bill Ward. If you can ever listen to one of his presentations, he's really passionate about his photography and the ICM and multiple exposures he creates really gets you thinking!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.