Pages

Monday, January 2, 2023

Sunday...no, Monday Adventures!

 I was going to name this post Sunday Adventures and then I remembered that it was actually Monday. Groan. It's going to be another of those weeks lol. You know the ones, where you are always trying to remember what day it actually is and then feel off-kilter all week long. 

We did go out this morning. There was a Dense Fog Advisory and - wow - was it really foggy! We couldn't see much of anything. So much for going out and taking some nice photos lol. 

These photos were taken with my phone

Our first stop was at Pere Marquette Park in Muskegon. The plan was to walk along the pier, maybe see the lighthouse and some birds. What happened? Could not see the lighthouse and couldn't walk far as the ice was still really thick on the pier. See? No lighthouse. You can usually see it as you walk along here. Can't even see the lake!




The trees looked quite eerie. 

From Muskegon we travelled down the lakeshore to Grand Haven. It was still foggy but we could see a little more. The water was quite calm looking.





There was still some ice around. There was a little left on the lighthouse, but lots on the path. I can't imagine how thick this was at one point!



It's a walkway. Or it is normally a walkway. There was a huge chunk of ice blocking the path. No, I didn't climb over it. There is another way to reach the path and I went that way. 

It was nice to get out and have a walk. It wasn't too cold, just above freezing. I would have liked to see the sun but, hey, it wasn't raining or snowing so that was a good thing. Tomorrow looks like rain, so maybe no walk. My poor walking friend is out of commission for a while. She broke her foot again! I might take this time to explore some other places to walk. It depends on cooperation from the weather. 

As for the rest of tomorrow, it's time to get back on the wagon. I have lots of cleaning and sorting to do. I packaged up a couple of sale items and have made a couple more sales so will get them packed up tomorrow. The usual problem areas are again problem areas so they need to be tackled. I have a meal planned for tomorrow, but have to check the freezer and cupboards to make a meal plan for the rest of the week and see if there is anything needed from the shops on Wednesday. It's a short week, but everybody will be back at work. 

I want to get started on being creative, but there are some things I need to tackle first. Keeping on track is the goal, so creativity can follow!

I hope everyone has had a good start to the new year. 

More tomorrow!






9 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to go out for a drive and walk. It does look very foggy and icy! I laughed when I read that it wasn't too cold - just above freezing. Sounds plenty cold to me! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I suppose to you that is cold. To us it's lovely in winter lol.

      Delete
  2. Foggy or not, they're lovely photos, thanks. That ice!!!

    Good luck with the problem areas! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The ice was SO thick! I couldn't believe it.

      Delete
  3. My husband has been on vacation for 2 weeks. If it wasn't bad enough I had the normal "holiday fog" (what day is this?!) but, his being home on odd days really messed me up too. I had to look at the calendar 3 or 4 times already today to remind myself it's Tuesday...right? I do love the gloomy (not in a bad way), cold feeling you captured in those photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes, that is quite a while! I imagine that knocks you completely off-kilter. I tend not to get a lot done when husband is home.
      Thanks - I tried to capture it. Hard on the phone as it likes to make everything grey. It was nice to get out even though it was gloomy. I am missing the sunshine though it doesn't look like there will be a lot around this week!

      Delete
  4. That's a lot of ice on the path ... I've never experienced anything like that. great picture though. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't grow up with it - as you know - so I find it amazing. Seeing all the ice and snow keeps me going through the winter.

      Delete
  5. Maybe it is an English thing as I too have to have my other things done before I can do something I enjoy doing like sewing, cardmaking, knitting etc. I feel guilty if I am doing something I enjoy so have to make sure the other things are done first to ease the guilt. Hmm, I think I might have issues lol. Hope that's not the case for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.