Pages

Monday, January 23, 2023

Monday Blues

Not a particularly productive day. I had high plans. Didn't work out. It didn't help that I spent the night on the sofa again last night. Sigh. I'm actually dreading bedtime tonight, but I'm so tired I really want to go. I'm hoping I can get to sleep between snores. I'm not sure what else I can do. I wear earplugs already! I've sure lack of sleep didn't help with the energy levels today. 

I went for a walk. Yet another grey day. There is actually no sunshine forecast for any day this week or next weekend, so I think I'm not going to mention it again until the sun actually does shine! Won't that be a red-letter day? It seems so endless, these grey days of winter. 

I didn't see a lot on my walk, but this duck made me smile. It caught a fish! 




They don't tend to eat fish, though it wasn't long ago that I saw a female mallard catch and eat a frog!

I did manage to get to the post office and drop off all my packages. Tomorrow, I have to do a food shop. I'm hoping it's not too busy. We might get snow on Wednesday and sometimes that makes the shops busier. I've written a list for tomorrow but I'm not going to jinx it by showing what I plan to do. Things never seem to go to plan!

Hope everyone had a good start to the week. 


3 comments:

  1. Nice photo of the duck and his catch! I hope you have some brighter weather soon and it lifts your spirits a bit. Hope, too, that you were able to get a good night's sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My take is that plans are just that - plans. They don't necessarily happen the way it says on the paper, but that's OK.

    I hope the food shop goes OK. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great shot of the duck with the fish. I've never seen that before.

    Hope you get a better night's sleep tonight. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.