Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2023

It Really is Wednesday Today

Not a good night's sleep. Husband snoring. Thoughts tossing and turning in my head. I woke up several times and when husband got up - way before dawn lol - I didn't get much more sleep. I ended up getting out of bed when son left for work 5.45am. Ugh. Not a great start to the day. 

It wasn't raining today so I went for a walk. It was nice to be out. I did see one beaver and lots of muskrats.  There was even a peek of sunshine which was really nice. I took my list for the shops along with me so went directly from walk to do my food shop. There were a couple of things I remembered that I needed, and I was sucked in by some Christmas sweets (that were 70%) off. I have got everything I need for meals until Sunday apart from drinks (should last until the weekend). 

Housework done. I worked on my Big Project for my online photography club from last year some more. I think it was a really BIG HUGE project as I took photos there almost every weekday apart from when we went away for holidays. It's a bit much. I think if I decided to do something like that again I'd pare it down some more. Perhaps a certain place through the seasons, rather than the year. I now have photos organised through mid-September. I haven't updated that blog yet but once I've got all the photos ready to go, I'll start working on putting it together. I'm hoping the majority of it will be done by the end of January. IF I can stick to the plan. It's actually nice to look back at the photos. I think I need to slow down and do that more. There are some interesting ones that I took that I had forgotten about. 

Tomorrow, it's supposed to be cloudy and then maybe some snow in the afternoon. I'll go for my usual walk. I want to get started on some more sorting. I have a box started of donation things. I'd like to fill it by the end of the month. I want to get some more done on my Big Project later in the afternoon/evening. Nothing exciting. 

Photo today - Praying Mantis from September at Asylum Lake. This photo made me smile. They really are such interesting insects




9 comments:

  1. To me, preying mantis look almost prehistoric. The team I am with which maintains the post office garden found several mantis egg sacks there this year (like seven of them, I think). We watched them each week until they hatched and saw the babies mature. The babies are only about one inch long when they hatch. What a delight. That garden is planted in native plants which attract the polinators like monarch butterflies and bees. Our group leader took many of the monarch pupae home to mature in her screened cage to protect them from the birds. After they hatched she released them at Kensington Lake in a remote area. The post office garden is right out in front of the entrance and postal patrons often stop to chat with us when we are working in the garden. We don't clean it out until spring, to allow insects to have the dead flower stems, leaves and debris to winter over under cover.













































































    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great picture of the praying mantis! I don't think I've seen one with a stiped face, before!
    You had a very productive day and on not a lot of sleep, either! Hope you get plenty of sleep tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think they are really cute. Not sure what kind this one. Its face made me smile though.

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you achieved a lot after a really poor night's sleep so give yourself a pat on the back.
    The praying mantis photo is amazing ... it looks like it's smiling! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I do feel a little more productive this week. I think the lists help. I love Praying Mantis. They always make me smile

      Delete
  4. I like the IF I can, I understand! I'm great at making plans, but sticking to them, that's another story. Love the picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not good at either one lol. In the early hours of the morning when I can't sleep I think of all the things I'm going to do that day and then when I get up I'm usually too tired to remember lol

      Delete
  5. I've started another donate box and hope to fill it quite quickly. It's so liberating decluttering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it when I can make the decision. The house is just too full. I don't like it, but I don't like getting rid of things. I am going to do a first sweep through and let go of things I can easily do and then pare it down some more. It seems a long-winded way to go about it, but at least I seem to end up getting rid of something instead of thinking it is too overwhelming and just giving up.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.