Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Plodding Along

 As the title says, I've been plodding along. Yesterday was horrible wet/drizzly/snowy. Just a mess. I didn't go for a walk. I did get my food shopping done, some regular housework and Ebay orders packed up. I also listed a few more things. I also sorted through another of the dreaded food cupboards. Yikes. I'm not going to say anything more. Hopefully, if I can stick to meal planning, it won't be needed too much in the future. I dread to even start on the freezer. Sigh

Today started rather grey and damp. I was uming and ahing over whether to go for a walk or not. I had my packages in a bag and almost in the car and then when I went outside it looked like there was a break in the weather, so I put the bag back in the house, drove to the park and started to walk. Promptly got wet. Of course, it started to really rain. I did a quick loop back to my car, went home and got the packages and drove to the post office. By the time I was done at the post office and had stopped off at MIL to drop off some books, the rain had started to clear a bit more, so I stopped at the park again, took another longer walk. 

I listed several more Ebay items. It seems never-ending but pile is going down so things are leaving the house. I do have to consolidate items at some point. I sort of a system of where I keep things though and I'm kind of afraid that if I start moving things around, I won't remember where I put them!

It looks like another grey day tomorrow, but at least no morning precipitation forecast (yet) so hopefully a morning walk. I have household stuff to do tomorrow and I want to get the last of the cupboards sorted as rubbish day is Friday. I won't be doing any listing tomorrow. I want to get a cross stitch project out and start on it (hopefully). 



Through the windshield when I got back in the car. Sigh. 

Second walk, the beavers had been gnawing on a new tree







It's right behind the lodge but the beavers always seem to down the tree at the right angle that it doesn't hit their home! Be interesting to see whether more is done tomorrow!


4 comments:

  1. I noticed that the other tree next to the gnawed one has wire mesh around the trunk! To discourage the beavers from gnawing it, I suppose? Wonder what makes one tree ok and another tree off limits?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is to discourage the gnawing. I'm not sure what makes them pick one tree over another. I know that something was said about oak trees being protected.

      Delete
  2. It has been a rainy, dreary stretch of weather. I think we've seen the sun only 1 day in like 2 weeks. Not to mention the ice! Those beavers are smart, they know what they're doing. I would like to see how they drag that off! ahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so smart! I have seen them swimming through the lake with branches and when I was at daughter's I saw the beavers at the local wildlife refuge building their lodge. It was pretty cool to watch!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.