Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2023

January 1st

This new year starts slowly. Daughter and I chatted on New Year's Eve and watched Big Ben ring in the new year in England together. This was always a tradition that Mum and I did. Even that last year before she caught Covid in the January she stayed up until her midnight (my 7pm) and saw in the New Year together. Last year, the first year since Mum died, daughter was with me for the night. This year she rang and we chatted and watched the BBC on Youtube. The fireworks were lovely. We had a toast together. 

The rest of the night I spent watching telly. Husband went to bed before midnight. I wasn't going to stay up, but son came up just as I was about to go to bed, so I watched the ball drop (rather boring really lol) and then I immediately went to bed. 

New Year's Day was rainy first thing. As husband has tomorrow off too we had decided to either go out Sunday or Monday. As the weather wasn't the greatest (supposed to be cloudy on Monday too) we decided to put it off until Monday. When the rain stopped I went for a quick walk. The rest of the day I was rather lazy. I worked on my Big Project - A Year at Asylum Lake from last year. I'm behind. Of course. 

Middle son came up and had some dinner. We also watched The Glass Onion. It was quite good. 

I haven't decided on specific projects for the year quite yet. Leaving that late too lol. I'm not doing the photo-a-day. I really just need a break from it. 

Today I thought I'd share a photo of one of the deer that came to my garden on Christmas Day. Quite snowy!



Tomorrow we're off out for an adventure, then it will be time to get back in the groove. I do have some Ebay orders to go out on Tuesday so I have to get them ready when we get back tomorrow. Hopefully on Tuesday I'll do some tidying up and some listing. I've got to get back into the groove!


10 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Sharon. Sounds like you and your daughter are making new traditions to replace the ones you had with your Mum. :) Have a fun day, tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. It was a little sad, but nice to spend the time with daughter if only virtually!

      Delete
  2. How lovely to be able to keep that tradition going with family.

    Have a fantastic adventure. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We enjoyed The Glass Onion as well. Very quiet New Years here too. I have today off, and plan to use it to get ready for my kids coming home this week, late Christmas with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun with your children! It's exciting any time that they come home.

      Delete
  4. Enjoy your adventure. I will get back in the groove tomorrow too...ahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have enjoyed the between week, it's been lovely and easy going. Now I'm going to have to buckle down and actually get some stuff done!

      Delete
  5. It all sounds like you had a good New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.

    I do love your photo of the deer ... it's beautiful (I mean the photo but the deer is beautiful too!). I'm continuing with my daily photo but haven't set a theme, which hopefully will make it easier for me. Look forward to hearing about your adventure. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to seeing your photos.

      There were actually 8 deer in the garden tonight! It was a little dark to get photos but lovely to see them all the same.

      I will be doing some sort of projects throughout the year, but just haven't made decisions yet.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.