Pages

Monday, January 9, 2023

Monday

Not a lot accomplished today. I thought about not posting at all, but am holding myself accountable and just saying that I didn't get a lot done. I had a hair appointment at 2pm which really threw me off as I like to get things (outside the house) done early so I can get in my comfy clothes and (hopefully) get things done at home. I know why I made the appointment at that time - if the roads were bad I could have asked husband to go in early to work and get off early and take me. Luckily the roads were okay - no snow - so I could drive myself. 

I did go for my walk this morning. It was cloudy when I first went, but then the sun came out. I stayed out longer than I usually do. We are forecast cloudy/rainy/snowy weather the rest of the week so this might be the only sun I see. 

I saw three beavers today, lots of muskrats, ducks, geese, a blue heron (unusual at this time of year as the lake is usually frozen over) and some green winged teal. Quite a good morning overall!

I did get two cupboards sorted in the kitchen. I've been putting it off as I know there are some out-of-date items and I feel really bad about throwing them away. That's not a good enough excuse. So I got started today and sorted through two of them. I'll get some more done tomorrow. 

I do feel better for having my hair cut. I used to hate going, but I have been to the same hairdresser for a while. She's really nice, knows what I like and doesn't change anything unless I ask her to. My hair was getting really long. I had a bit more taken off than normal. It feels a lot better. 



The newer beaver lodge is starting to spill onto the path. The strange thing is that the path has been there a lot longer than the lodge! They actually built it right where there is a lot of foot traffic. I saw one beaver leaving the lodge today. 



There are two more beaver lodges here. One at the very end of the reeds and the other to the left of that. I saw two beavers here (at the same time). 



Still a tiny bit of ice on the lake. I love seeing the slabs like that. 

Hopefully, I will be able to get out for a walk tomorrow, but if the weather looks to be lousy I think I'll do my food shop tomorrow and then work on house stuff instead. 

Until tomorrow (hopefully)


6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you posted. I think you did more than what you've given yourself credit for - sorting through two kitchen cabinets is a lot! Plus you went for a walk and you had your hair cut. I hope you have a good day, tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It doesn't seem like a lot when I do it, but some progress is better than none.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad that you posted. It's given me something to read to pass the time. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the feeling about the cupboards. Our daugher came home one time and said "mom, I'm cleaning the pantry." She found some VERY outdated food. It's about time I do that again. Add it to my list...ahahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I feel so guilty about throwing things away, but I suppose it's better to start again and maybe do a lot better next time. I've got to learn to rotate.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.