Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2023

The 'Go with the Flow' Post

I had a plan when I woke up this morning. After several days of drizzle and cloudiness the weather forecast sunshine. It's the first Saturday of the month and time for #1day12pics. At the beginning of the year part of my plan was do this photography challenge each month again with a theme. I thought sunshine! It's a plan. I'll do a sunrise. Not just the sky but the colours, the light and the brightness. I got up early, batteries ready and cameras packed. 

Was there sunshine? My phone weather app was still optimistic when I got up. I kept looking out of the window, even in the darkness trying to check the cloud cover in the sky. Husband was sure he could see some clearing through the clouds. 

Sigh. 

Not a glimpse of sunshine. Not even a sky that was filled with puffy clouds. Just flat white. Monotone skies. Sigh. No sunshine. So, my #1day12pics is Go with the Flow. I didn't take many pictures while we were out. In fact, there are several of the really cute squirrel in my garden who seems to have a balance problem. It's such a lovely squirrel. Makes me smile every time I see him. He obviously has a problem as, when he looks up at you, he lists to one side, but he is so cute when he does it. I am guilty of feeding him too many peanuts. 


The rest of my day didn't work out how I had planned either. I had been planning to get up in the craft room, but I ended up ultra-focused on my Big Project from last year - A Year at Asylum Lake. I want to get it finished by the end of the month. I had taken all the photos, but had to sort through them, pick out the ones I want, date and label them ready to put into posts for my Photography Blog. I am only up to April on the blog. It's a bigger project than I imagine. I really want to finish it really just for me, so I know I can do it. 

I've taken hundreds  thousands of photos of Asylum Lake throughout last year documenting everything from views to flowers, to animals, birds, weather. I wanted to get through November finished by mid next week. I got it finished today! I only have December to do before I can get started on writing the blog. 

So, no crafting today, but I have worked a lot on a project I have really wanted to get done. I have even managed to create collages of my favourite photos of Asylum Lake up until May 2022. Once I get December photos sorted and collages created for all 12 months I'll share. I am finally feeling good about being able to get this finished by the end of the month. 

Tomorrow, we're off out for our Sunday Adventure. Although the weather forecasts partly cloudy skies I am of the mind that the weather forecasters are just being optimistic. I am preparing for all clouds, but we shall see. 

I did also finish a book today. 




From Amazon

Six summers to fall in love. One moment to fall apart. A weekend to get it right.
 
They say you can never go home again, and for Persephone Fraser, ever since she made the biggest mistake of her life a decade ago, that has felt too true. Instead of glittering summers on the lakeshore of her childhood, she spends them in a stylish apartment in the city, going out with friends, and keeping everyone a safe distance from her heart.

Until she receives the call that sends her racing back to Barry’s Bay and into the orbit of Sam Florek—the man she never thought she’d have to live without.

For six summers, through hazy afternoons on the water and warm summer nights working in his family’s restaurant and curling up together with books—medical textbooks for him and work-in-progress horror short stories for her—Percy and Sam had been inseparable. Eventually that friendship turned into something breathtakingly more, before it fell spectacularly apart.
 
When Percy returns to the lake for Sam’s mother’s funeral, their connection is as undeniable as it had always been. But until Percy can confront the decisions she made and the years she’s spent punishing herself for them, they’ll never know whether their love might be bigger than the biggest mistakes of their past. 

Told over the course of six years and one weekend, 
Every Summer After is a big, sweeping nostalgic story of love and the people and choices that mark us forever.

Really enjoyed the book. It caught my attention. Lately, I've been really struggling to find a connection with the characters in the books I'm reading. I sometimes feel as though they are one dimensional or too perfect. 

10 comments:

  1. What a dear little squirrel - he has a very cheeky little face, doesn't he. Very cute. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's adorable. I don't usually like the fox squirrels as sometimes they can be squirrel bullies, but he just makes me smile!

      Delete
  2. You take such great pictures! That squirrel is cute! Sounds like you had a very productive day getting your photos organized! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. Photography has kept me going these last couple years. It's such a great hobby!

      Delete
  3. I love that you schedule or think of your days ahead as adventures. Here's to more for 2023.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunays are usually the days husband and I spend together. Now that the children are grown we made sure we got out and did something together. We have separate hobbies, but we like going out too.

      Delete
  4. I'm looking forward to seeing your Asylum Lake project. It sounds like you are making good progress on it. I like your 12 photos mosaic ... the wonky

    ReplyDelete
  5. (cont) I was trying to say ... the wonky squirrel is cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, thanks! I hope I can get it done. I really just want to finish it for myself, to prove that I can do it.

      Delete
  6. I count that as "crafting/creative" I hope you share it when complete

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.