Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2023

Yes, it's Another Grey Day

Surprise, surprise. It was a grey day again. Not enthused about it. We did get out, but I didn't take a lot of photos. I wasn't feeling inspired. It was windy and cold. We walked, but I was more than ready to get home. 

Husband went out with son in the afternoon and early evening. I took a nice bath, read some of my book and played around on my computer. Nothing really exciting, but it was relaxing. I did get a couple more posts done on last years' Big Project - A Year at Asylum Lake. It's really slow going. I need to work on it some more. I am determined that it will be done. 

Tomorrow is expected to be another cloudy day, this time with some snow around. At this point, I'd rather that than rain. We are going out to a Water Treatment Plant. Yes, that's exactly what it sounds like. It's a place where wastewater is recycled. There is a part that can be extremely stinky in the warmer weather BUT there are usually lots of ducks and water birds around. It's quite a large place with lots of open fields around.  It is open to the public with a permit for birdwatchers.  It is near the lakeshore, so the plan is to go there and see what birds are around and then maybe go to the lakeshore for a walk. 

A video of yesterday's walk. It's speeded up so hope it doesn't make you dizzy!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!


4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed that video of the walk through the snowy woods! Sorry it's another grey day! Hopefully, you'll have better weather for your outing, tomorrow and you'll see lots of birds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun at the Waste Treatment Plant! Not too smelly I hope

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely place to take a walk. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your trip to the Water Treatment Plant. That's certainly different but hope you are lucky in seeing plenty of birds. Hope you have a good weekend, xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.